Spring Vegetable Frittata Recipe
In the spring, when the farmer’s market is open, I love to make this breakfast with the young arugula and tender scallions.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz. spreadable Brie cheese
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 16 stalks asparagus tough ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 scallions sliced into thin rounds
- 2 C. arugula stemmed, washed, and dried
- ½ C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese crumbled into small pieces
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes halved
- Juice from half a lemon
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs.
Add the cream, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and Brie cheese.
Heat a 10-inch cast iron, or oven-safe skillet and add 2 Tbs. of the olive oil.
When the oil begins to smoke slightly, add the asparagus.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until asparagus is fork tender.
Stir in the scallions and arugula.
Top with the Parmesan and goat cheese.
Gently pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir slightly to distribute the eggs.
Place the skillet on the center rack of the oven and cook until the center is set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Toss the tomatoes with salt, pepper, remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
Sprinkle the tomatoes on top of the frittata just before serving.