Also listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Kineth house has been modernized to include three upstairs guest rooms all with luxurious private bathrooms, WiFi and high definition television. Modern updates have been done with a sensitivity to preserve the history. The original claw-foot bathtub and porcelain sink remain in use today. After a day of hiking in the nearby state parks, relax in the hydrotherapy of the jetted tub of the Mt Baker Suite or just soak in the antique claw-foot tub of the Penn Cove Suite, then enjoy some fresh baked pastries and a cup of hot cocoa next to the fireplace in the parlor.
John & Jane Kineth were pioneers and some of the original homesteaders who settled Coupeville. They farmed on Smith Prairie and built a frame house in 1866. They had the first double team in the neighborhood and the family prospered by marketing their grain and livestock in Victoria and other places. In 1887, John and Jane bought a tract of land in town from A.D. Blowers and built this home for retirement. Howard Lovejoy built the house in an elegant Italianate style, set on the main street where it was visible with tall vertical bays, decorated frieze and carved brackets under the eaves. The home, built during the Oregon Territory, was one of the first in Coupeville with electric lighting, and a modern indoor bathroom. It features 13′ high ceilings, custom hand painted fireplace surround and a vintage Kimball reed organ from 1897.