With all the news about the COVID-19 (Corona-virus) recently, we wanted to take a moment and update our future guests who have plans to travel here. Of course you need to keep up with the changing situation.
How we protect your health and safety:
We also want you to know that we have always taken guest health and safety very seriously and have always had a very strict cleaning and sanitizing policy in place to protect your health. You should also know that a typical hotel cleaning staff has at most about 15 minutes to completely clean and sanitize a guest room. But at a B&B you will find much more attention to detail. Our cleaning staff typically spends between 90 and 120 minutes per room, cleaning and sanitizing after every guest turnover.
We’ve recently updated our cleaning policies to provide even more assurance that your health will be protected during your stay. We use CDC approved disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2 Here is a summary of our current cleaning and sanitizing policies. This is by no means comprehensive, but meant to show you some of the expanded sanitizing processes used by our B&B staff:
- Change duvet cover, top sheet, bottom sheet & pillowcases after EVERY guest
- Replace all cups, glasses, mugs (even if they were not used) after EVERY guest
- Replace every washcloth and hand towel (even if they appear unused) after EVERY guest
- Replace bath towels and bath robes after EVERY guest.
- Disinfect every touch-surface in the room, including handles, doorknobs, light switches, buttons & remote controls after EVERY guest
- Disinfect bath tubs, shower stalls, sinks, toilets and water faucets after EVERY guest
- Provide sealed water bottles for drinking
- Provide sealed bar soaps, bath crystals and locked pump containers
- Provide sealed, single-serve coffee pods, tea envelopes, creamers & sweeteners
- Provide hand-sanitizer on the snack bar
- Disinfect every touch-surface in common areas including door knobs, handles, microwave, coffee maker, etc, daily
- Disinfect room keys after every guest.
We’ve always had a hand-sanitizer station available for guests on our coffee-bar in the reception area. We also added an outside hand-sanitizer station for your convenience right at the front door.
For breakfast, things are also going to seem a bit different. For starters we have swapped the parlor and sun-porch spaces so that we have more room to spread-out individual two-top tables in a larger room so that we can maintain the 6-foot spacing between guests – there is no more communal table. Breakfast seatings will also be with smaller groups to keep this spacing requirement. We will only be able to seat a maximum of 6 guests at either breakfast time (8:00 or 9:00 AM) – so it will be important to reserve your preferred time and to have some patience if your time is not available.
We’re going to look a bit different too. Our local health department now requires us to wear a cloth face-covering anytime we are within the common areas of the B&B. This includes when we are serving breakfast. The health department also strongly suggests that our customers wear these cloth face-coverings anytime you are not in your guest room or seated at the breakfast tables.
For anyone who doesn’t want the full-service breakfast or doesn’t feel comfortable with the group dining experience, we always offer an in-room continental or grab & go option. More info on options for “social distancing” here.
What if I need to cancel?
Please read our updated special cancellation policies that are in effect.