Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Author: Blue Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: One 9" loaf
This easy, delicious bread will please almost anybody! 10 servings.
- 2⅓ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ C. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C. very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 large)
- ½ C. buttermilk
- ½ C. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter and flour 4 mini loaf pans, or one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt then whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a medium bowl, mix the butter on low speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue mixing on low speed until slightly fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth between each addition.
- Add the bananas, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until blended.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix on low speed until almost mixed.
- Add half the buttermilk and mix until blended, and then repeat with the remaining flour and buttermilk.
- Continue mixing until smooth, scraping the bowl to make sure the batter is even.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- If using mini loaf pans, divide the batter evenly among the four pans.
- If using the full-size pan, spread the batter in the pan and smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake until the loaves are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes for the mini pans and 60 minutes for the full-size loaf pan.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans on a rack for about 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool on rack.