Spring Vegetable Frittata Recipe
Author: Blue Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Recipe type: Breakfast
In the spring, when the farmer’s market is open, I love to make this breakfast with the young arugula and tender scallions.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz. spreadable Brie cheese
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 16 stalks asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 C. arugula, stemmed, washed, and dried
- ½ C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Add the cream, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and Brie cheese.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron, or oven-safe skillet and add 2 Tbs. of the olive oil.
- When the oil begins to smoke slightly, add the asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until asparagus is fork tender.
- Stir in the scallions and arugula.
- Top with the Parmesan and goat cheese.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and stir slightly to distribute the eggs.
- Place the skillet on the center rack of the oven and cook until the center is set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Toss the tomatoes with salt, pepper, remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes on top of the frittata just before serving.