Tequila Lime Blueberry Salad
Author: Blue Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Recipe type: Breakfast
Summer is blueberry season on Whidbey Island! This recipe is another great way that we showcase the delicious berries found on Whidbey Island. The residual tequila flavors that are cooked down to a simple syrup give this salad a refreshing taste. If you want a non-alcoholic version, replace tequila with water or even an herbal lemon tea.
- 2 C. fresh blueberries
- 4 medium kiwis, peeled, halved lengthwise, then sliced crosswise
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ C. granulated sugar
- ¼ C. tequila
- 2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- Combine blueberries, kiwis, and mango in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, tequila, and lime zest and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Pour the warm syrup over the fruit and gently toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Gently stir before serving.