Strawberry (Chocolate-chip) Muffins
Author: Blue Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Recipe type: Breakfast
While these muffins are delicious as they are, I find stirring about ½ cup of chocolate chips into the batter is a delightful addition.
- ¾ C. milk (I sometimes use almond milk instead)
- ⅓ C. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 C. flour
- ⅔ C. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C. chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ C. sliced almonds (optional)
- ½ C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 400⁰.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt just until mixed.
- Fold in strawberries, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into pan and sprinkle with sugar and sliced almonds if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.