Author: Blue Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Recipe type: Breakfast
A great way to enjoy fresh Whidbey Island or Skagit strawberries. This recipe calls for balsamic vinegar but we have found that a maple balsamic or a chocolate balsamic vinegar really add a delightful twist.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp balsamic vinegar, (regular, maple or chocolate)
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp regular or lemon yogurt
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Gently stir over sliced strawberries.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to macerate.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with yogurt.