Maple Rum Sauce
Author: Blue Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Recipe type: Condiment
Serves: 2 C
This is a great sauce for the Blueberry Oatmeal Streusel French Toast but you can use it on other pancakes and waffles. It is also great way to sweeten up your morning coffee!
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup, not maple flavored syrup
- ⅓ cup plus 3 Tbsp spiced rum
- 3 tsps. Cornstarch
- Combine the cream, brown sugar, maple syrup, and ⅓ cup rum in a medium saucepan and bring to a slow boil over low heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 3 Tbsp of rum.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture, lower the heat and cook for another 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm.